Sunday 18 October 2009

Best Arsenal Memory?

I'll set this one up for you lot to comment on, I know i don't have many viewers and much love to people who will plug this site!

This week im after your best Arsenal childhood memory,

For me 2000-2006 was my best moments as I was at an age at school were I was old enough to play propper football and know the ins and outs of the game. So I have quite a few tales, what i loved the most in that time was I did'nt have Sky Sports at my house, my parants did'nt have the need for it (they could'nt afford it) so if i went to anyones house with Sky Sports I'd make friends with them quick! Anyway one of my good friends and an Arsenal fan anyway and he did have Sky Sports, so everyweek it would be round his for a spot of FIFA, we'd get an appitite to play so we'd go out side rain or shine and start playing. 12:45, 15:00, 17:45 would come and we'd sit inside to watch the football come half time we'd be out there playing again copying all Henry's moves and boasting how many more he'd score today. Back in for the rest of the match and after the end of the game keep playing football till it got dark and then I would go home. Ready for next week.

During that time I got a taste of Highbury, My first match was Vs Sunderland in the "Worthington Cup" lost 2-3 after we were 2-0 up, I was in the Clockend directly infront of Pires's volly to make it 1-0, that was also a great memory. After that i saw Arsenal Vs Oxford United in the FA Cup, Our new nextdoor neighbours had a season ticket for Arsenal and they couldnt make it so me and my Dad went. The seats were amazing East Stand upper 1 seat behind the VIP area. We won 2-0 if i remember. But the big story was Bergkamps 100th goal for Arsenal. Then in the same seat Arsenal vs Aston Villa Campbell and Henry scored for a 2-0 win in that game.

Now 2002 Manchester United V Arsenal now this is my most loved memory, now for some reason I could'nt get to his house that night so I ended up putting on Radio 5 Live! in my small bedroom and had to settle kicking a foam ball around whilst biting my nails about the match. I remember i so wanted us to win the match (obviously) but to win the league at Old Trafford and bragging the next day would be amazing! All I got from the radio was that tense moment as Arsenal were on the attack and it was looking good i've never been so still before in my life, and then to hear we scored it was amazing! It was the most I've ever celebrated a goal! I had no idea till the next day that Wiltord atually scored and not Ljungberg!

Well theres mine whats yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!!