Wednesday 7 October 2009

First Arsenal View

Hey guys

Well I'd thought I'd start a blog of my opinions on football as an Arsenal fan. It's the international break so we have over a week till the clubs carry on; there's never anything interesting going on except rubbish news like certain players are unhappy at their clubs and want to leave for City for a thousand pounds an hour rate, or who's the next person to crash their brand new luxury car!!
Quickly chat about other clubs now as Arsenal chat will be taking over my first blog, Man City did exactly what was predicted, worry people by winning and showing off then getting rubbish draws and not keeping up with the top 4 pace. Chelsea look favorites but the Wigan game made them look human again! Liverpool are nearly written off completely like Arsenal last year, and United as always are United with time added on!

Anyway, as it is my first blog I'm going to catch up on Arsenal's season and for me its been a mixed view so far: two losses (big losses I may add) and yes the United game was an appalling joke all round but afterwards I felt happy about the performance. The City game I didn't see but the review was "we were all over them" - so I take it it's the usual... Good football, no end result! But still, this year we HAVE been better; we are scoring better but what I'm pulling my hair out about is WHY THE HELL DOES NO-ONE GET IN THE 6 YARD BOX?! If anyone reads this - the next time you watch Arsenal play, count how many times you see an Arsenal player in the 6 yard box... then watch as the ball is desperate for a tap in and no-ones there! That will cost us dearly soon and I fear it will be in a semi final or even a final.
I'll get some more stuff off my chest as my blogs go along but for now thats all tonight!

Arsenal 6-2 Blackburn
Well all i can say is: Fabregas, simply stunning! Personally, it's the best performance I've ever seen from him and it came at the right time. After critism from people saying he is unhappy and longing to go back to spain after years of Arsenal devotion, he's got his "I'm going to score for the sake of it" attitude back and firing them in outside the box, and his celebration was the most heartwarming thing so far. Kissing the badge and showing his faith to the club to make sure there is no more confusion! Still there will still be a Cesc to Barca back page print at least 90 more times until the summer!
Now there was some negative feedback from sunday and that is the 2 goals (obviously) that we conceded. The 2nd one was definitely a mistake by the defence. Sanga, a little too out of place for me sometimes, really starts making me sweat when hes tracking back from forward runs. Im not having a go at him but goals like that do happen because of the lack of tracking!
Vermaelen - well who'd have thought our new number 5 would be a welcome breath of fresh air! A very nice suprise: a defender that CAN defend and looked unbeatable at times and a player that can take the game by the scruff of the neck and score wonders like on sunday! I could go on about him all day but that will do for now!
To sum up the game, I was satisfiyed at the end but still leeking goals is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Players so far that have stood out this year:

1. Thomas Vermaelen
Like I said about above, a great new player and its just who Arsenal needs!

2. Cesc Fabregas
A smile wouldn't hurt but he's keeping ME smiling so far this season!

3. Tomas Rosicky
He just makes me feel less nervous when he's in full flow - he's just great to watch!

Who to look out for:

1. Nasri
Poor bugger breaking his leg! What a tit but when he's back on form he will push us to glory!

2. Theo Walcott
It's his season this time round and he's already bagged a goal in his 1st appearance.

3. Carlos Vela
Yes a wild card, I like to call him. Go on Wenger give him a chance!

Thats all for now, it's just for starters as it's my 1st blog!

goduffgo

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    Came across your blog and just wanted to say you really seem to know what you're talking about. You've got some very intelligent ideas and made some interesting points.

    You clearly live and breathe Arsenal and it's so good to see! Love it.

    Totally agree with you about Vela - give him a chance alright!!!!!

    Arsenal forever <3

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment!!